March 04, 2007


MAY PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON HER

SUE BOLDUC COFFEY
(1948-2007)


Because you all knew her, I am choosing this medium to convey the regretful passing of my sister Sue yesterday morning (February 8, 2007) at her home in Green Valley AZ. Her legacy will be of care giving----to her younger siblings when she was a teenager, to her own children when she was a young woman and to the elderly in her final years. She survived a heart transplant eleven years ago and wondered why at times. I reminded her of the care, peace and comfort she gave to our mom during her sad, painful and prolonged death in 2001. She was my soul sister and we shared a lot in life together.
Live each day to the fullest!
Dave Bolduc




Pictured: Sue Bolduc Coffey, Mary Ganssle Johnson, Mary O'Malley, Jude Hawkes, Cha Cha Faitel Peterson.


Five of us from De La Salle gathered together at Cha Cha’s home in Tucson the last weekend in January.
Sue came and spent most of the day and night with us on Friday. She was so thin and frail although her spirits were good and we all had a wonderful girl-bonding time.
I’m sure you must know that Sue had a heart transplant 11 years ago. She told us that Transplants typically last ten years. She also had a stroke at some point, which you could not tell, but it had caused nerve damage which caused her a lot of pain.
We did a lot of sharing during the precious few hours we had that weekend. We all encouraged her to move closer to Tim, her son who lives in Northern CA .
She also tragically lost her beautiful daughter Nicole when she was 16 in a terrible car accident.
Mary (Ganssle) Johnson



On a sad note: the 5th member of our De La Salle reunion (and class of ’66 -- whom Cha Cha just discovered was living in Tucson and invited her to join us) Sue Bolduc, passed away a few days ago.
Believe it or not, she had a heart transplant about 10-11 years ago, and a recent “pig valve” procedure last October. She was very frail when we saw her, but so happy to be there. About a week later, she rejected the new valve and her little heart (it was from a 12 year old boy) gave out.
Jude Hawkes


FRIENDS REMEMBER SUE



I am so sorry I did not hear that you all were going to see Sue. While Idid not attend De La Salle until grade 5, I spent many an afternoon at Sue's house with Terri Jenkins. I miss you all and did not know Sue was so very ill. Life is so short isn't it?
Margie (Espinosa) Nelson


Wow....I am so moved by the news about Sue Bolduc. She was the sweetest girl and I have often thought of her through the years and wondered about her life and what had happened. This bittersweet news to finally know about her life is painful in that it seems she suffered through the events of health problems and caregiving to her family and again losing her precious daughter.
How lucky you were to have seen her recently it all sounds as though there was some serious bonding done at Cha Cha's home. God Bless you all my friends for staying close, I have to say I am grateful that our classmates express and show their fondness for each other in so many ways even after 40 incredible years.
Thank you for sharing the pictures of Sue with all you gals. It is bittersweet after all, and as Chris Belle Monroe says, we have another Angel watching over us.
Teri (Arteaga) Romero

Our deepest sympathies go out to all Sue's family members and friends. We loved Sue and will miss her.
The Androski Family

Thanks for sharing this information. For some reason it really hit home. I have nothing but fond memories of Sue, although I probably knew her brother Dave better. I had no idea about her daughter, very sad. God Bless her and all her family.
Dave Gieg

So sad about Sue Bolduc, gosh our mortality is sure front and center, so many reminders to have an "attitude of gratitude." Chris Carney Stoddard just emailed me last month saying she was visiting Sue and helping her get ready to move to Davis (CA) to live by or with her son, and I told Chris to tell Sue I would come and visit her. God bless her soul. How wonderful that the group of girls just visited with Sue recently. So touching how Jude said Sue was just like an angel, and so she is.
Chris (Belle) Monroe

So sorry to hear about Sue. She was such a sweet gentle soul. What a gift you got to see her and send her off with love.
Christi (Brecht) Moore

My condolences on the passing of your sister. I, too, have shared far too many losses in my family in these past years. I know this is a very difficult time for everyone in your family. With my heartfelt sympathy for your loss.
Bob Johnson

Thanks for sharing this sad news. Sue was one of the nicest people I've ever known. She was always so caring and considerate. It was nice tohear that she was able to spend some time with Jude, Cha-Cha, Maryand her other old friends. I'll bet she loved every minute.
Pam (Mertens) Gunn

Thank you for forwarding this on. I had heard about Sue about a month ago from Rick Borquez. Boy, it sure hits home with me. My prayers go out to her family. The only saving grace here is that she is at home with her Lord.
Sue Shannon Weaver


REMEMBRANCES MAY BE SENT TO SUE’S BROTHER DAVE OR HER SON TIM AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES:

Dave Bolduc
Tim Yates
531 Script Drive
Davis, CA 95616


A future memorial service is planned. The family will have most of her ashes buried in the planting of a tree near the campsites where she was happiest with her kids long ago at the state campground in Carpinteria. This will be the public memorial for her. Her remaining ashes will be spread on her daughter, Nichole's, gravesite in Westlake Village. More details to follow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is broken that another one of our Saints has gone to Heaven!!!!

Love,
Joani McKinney Erwin

Anonymous said...

Bob Johnson, you did a great job of putting together this tribute for Sue. Thank you very much.

I didn't know Sue at Alemany. I only knew her pretty face off in the distance. After reading all that has been said about her, I wish I had known her. She was my kind of people.

Danny

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this tribute to Sue. It means a great deal to me.

Sue, Diann DePasquale (Manemann) and I remained best friends for the last 40+ years. Our children grew up together and they are both more like my sisters. As you may imagine, I miss Sue very much and am only glad that her suffering is over.

She had been in severe pain ever since her heart transplant and despite that continued to have a full life and her courage is awe inspiring. I love her very much and would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who remember her so fondly.

Again, thanks so much.

Susan Giacomini

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for putting this together for my Aunt Sue and adding your remarks. How very touching to be reminded of the many lives touched by Sue's goodness and her genuinely kind spirit. I will miss her, too!

~Jamie Bolduc

Anonymous said...

For Sweet Sue,
You are now my Angel. You left your pillow at my house and I sleep with it at night. I
think about you every night as I fall asleep. We were all so lucky to spend time together and hug and talk. I loved my time alone with you at lunch when you showed me all your precious family pictures. You told me how much you loved all of your brothers and sisters. You showed me many darling photos of your son and daughter and told me loving stories. You were one of the sweetest girls that I knew in high school and that sweetness was still there. I'm so happy that my entire family got to meet you!
I'm sorry that I won't be at the beach. I hope Mary will take pictures for me. I will never forget when I put my arms around your little frail body and said goodbye.
Love Cha Cha