October 13, 2006

GYOENGYI (MOLNAR) QUINN AND HER FAMILY SEND GREETINGS FROM NEW ENGLAND

Life has been good - I'm still teaching and loving it, although I do plan to retire soon. My husband and I have decided New England winters are for the young and we would like to start spending more time in Florida where we have a second home. You can golf year ‘round in Florida, or so I am told, but Massachusetts’ winters are not as accommodating.

Our children, Brian and Meg, and their spouses are in the Boston area so we don't plan to move permanently... just when the white stuff is covering the ground.

I know that those attending the reunion will be in awe of what the Committee has put together and will really enjoy it.

I suspect most of the people there will think "who the heck was she ...don't remember her at all!"

If asked to reflect on the past forty years, I would simply say that life has been fulfilling. My greatest joy has been being party and witness to the continual capacity of one's own children to enrich and amaze their parents' lives, as well as producing the occasional premature gray hair. I've also felt a great satisfaction in teaching...children have an infinite ability to evoke the best in us. For the past 37 years I have shared my life with my wonderful life partner, Fred.

Today has been a particularly tough game of Whack a Mole. (Gyng's euphemism for the teaching profession) A three-day weekend (as most teachers well know) and the end of our local Topsfield Fair makes the kids nutty every year when it comes to town. So I am on to another day.

I wish everyone the best.

Gyoengyi (Molnar) Quinn

Ipswich MA
Fort Myers FL


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gyng,
I just loved seeing pictures of you and Fred and the kids. Meghan is you re-incarnated, and you are still as beautiful as ever.
Jude