September 08, 2006


Email from Ron West, AHS-66

Golf, anyone?

9/7/2006 westron2@comcast.net writes:

Hey Danny,

I have been enjoying all the latest about our classmates. Thanks for all you and the committee are doing to prepare for the BIG EVENT!

I almost forgot about updating you with my bio, so here it is. if it is too lengthy, feel free to edit it down.

How's this for a varied career?

After Alemany, I attended L.A. Piece Jr. College and studied Architecture for three semesters while working part time for the L.A. City Schools as an architectural aid.

I joined the Navy in 1969 & became an Air Traffic Controller and was stationed in So. Texas and Midway Island While on Midway I made the All Navy Volleyball team and for my last 3 1/2 months I was based in Hawaii, but traveled all across the USA playing volleyball.

After the Navy, I was hired by the FAA in Colorado Springs and worked tower and approach control. In 1981 President Reagan sent me a letter saying I was fired for striking, so moved on to bigger & better things. The stress was too much anyway.

I then got involved in engineering commercial satellite TV systems. In 1986, we moved to Alpine, UT where I designed and built my own home, which fulfilled my dream of being an architect (see photo).

I am now an inventor. I started by designing products for my own vinyl fence company. In 1996, I was hired as a Technical Director for Kroy Building Products to design new fence products.

In 2001, I quit & started my own business marketing some of my own inventions. I now have over 20 patents in various fields, some of which are licensed to other companies. You can see my web page at www.tufshine.com

My greatest accomplishments are my 3 children, 2 boys and a girl. They were, and still are, the best kids you could ever hope for. They have all left home, so it's a little lonely now. That's not all bad though, now there's more time for golf! Our first grandchild is due in January.

Best regards to everyone.

Ron West
Alpine, Utah

P.S. I'll be coming down early for the Reunion, and wondered if anyone would like to play a round of golf on Friday or maybe Saturday morning. If they do, have them email me at westron2@comcast.net ... Also, I felt really badly to hear that my old friend Jim Lahey had passed away. I'd appreciate any info about Jim or his family, if anyone in the class knows anything. Thanks.

No comments: