September 30, 2006

From Big John Stigmon

9/30/2006


Life continues to be a grand adventure!!

I am really enjoying all the communication about our classmates from Alemany.

Attached is a picture of my family. Its ok for Dan and Bob the Scan Man to post on the web. The two little ones are my boys 7 & 10. I had children late in life and it has been a fantastic experience. After my children were born I gave up the corporate life and traveling all over the world all the time. In 2000 I sold the company I co-founded and moved to the mountains of Northern Arizona. I wanted my kids to experience living in a small community and having their dad around. My wife Kathleen works at Northern Arizona University. We met when I was with Ben & Jerry’s.

Today I keep busy doing a little real estate, some business brokerage, as well as, executive coaching and consulting in the franchise industry. Over the past 10 years I have become involved in Indian Economic Development. I have advised many tribes on the value of supporting their tribal members through entrepreneurial ventures. Since I am in
Flagstaff I have had the opportunity to work with the Navajo Nation, two Apache tribes and some others teaching about business ownership. I also do some work with the Center for American Indian Economic Development.

I love being in my fifty’s and having little kids. My 10 year old has really taken to music. He plays about six instruments and is always asking me about the old rockers like Led Zeppelin, Jimmie Hendrix, the Beatles, Elton John, Etc. They both like to invite me to their school on grandparent’s day because they kid me about being older than some of their classmates actual grandparents!! We love to travel as a family and usually spend some time every year at the Grand Tetons in Wyoming.

The only person I see from Alemany is Kathy Dunlay. Her brother Jerry owns a home here in Flagstaff. She comes through town about once a year. All she ever talks about is Bob Orlando or was that Bob Johnson (just kidding!!). It will be fun to see everyone at the end of October.

All the best,
John
Flagstaff, AZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear John/Stiggy,
Do you remember when you put the potato in the exhaust pipe of my dad's car on Halloween? c. 1962.
No harm done. In fact, it was a prank that I've always admired, you devil, you.
See you at the reunion,
Jude (aka Judy Hawkes)