October 29, 2006

THE "BOBBY" AWARDS
Presented for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Photo Submission





Presented by:
Adie and Ed Shaheen









And, The Winners are................



le Palme d'or -
Linda (Haney) Pearcy and Mary (Langan) Doyle for
"Two Friends in Dublin"





Ann (Turner) Olson for
"Ann and the King Crab"
For Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Costuming and Makeup
HRH Kathy Dunlay for
"Dibs on Bob Johnson"
and
Frank Hull and Barb Napoleone
for "Braids"

The People's Choice Awards
Marty Molidor
for "DA BUM"

Cha Cha (Faitel) Peterson for
"Super Model Cha"



The editorial board wishes to thank the countless number of classmates who through pure determination in mastering the art of attaching photos to their emails (some with the help of their children and grandchildren) made this all possible.

4 comments:

rmj said...

This message was received from the honoree in Belfast, Northern Ireland upon receiving the award news:
"I have no experience in award acceptance. My immediate reaction to learning that Linda and I had won the prestigious "Bobby" was neither gracious nor mature. We! we won! we won! Hah-hah-hah! We won! Nyah, nyah, Ann Turner! We won! It then dawned upon me to wonder how we won. Ann`s picture sounds far more entertaining than ours.
Thank you for honoring a precious friendship."
Mary Langan

Anonymous said...

Ed, uh, Michael and I are just thrilled! thrilled! to be asked to present the Bobby awards to these outstanding artists.

Adrienne Zeta-Jones Poirier Shaheen

PS Am I pregnant in this picture? Hel-lo McMahon ...while I wanted to look luminous, that wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Anonymous said...

Poirier,

You've made me laugh out loud again. Thanks. I needed that.

Love,
Danny

Anonymous said...

Mary,

I loved your response. HILARIOUS.

I too was really touched by the picture of you and Linda on your adventure in Ireland, so I applaud the decision of the committee to give you their pretigious award. The picture of you petting the donkey was great too.

I hope to visit Ireland some day, and I'll be sure to look you up when I do.

Sure and it's a pleasure to have been sharing these emails and pictures with you.

Danny Boy