November 01, 2006

"MORE REUNION REFLECTIONS"

Dear Alemany class of 1966,

Along with Marty, I too will do a bit of reminiscing. My experience of the reunion of the class of 1966 was truly most enjoyable. I am grateful to Danny and all those who worked to put on such a meaningful event. I appreciate so much the brief conversations that I had with a good number of you. I am glad that I made the decision to attend.

It was such a different experience for one who has attempted to live primarily in the present. I have not seen much point in reminiscing about the past. Yet, it was neat to be able to share with you the little that I did in connection with the reunion.

Being the kind of person that I am who enjoys people and delving into the deeper realities of life, I wonder about what might be the stories of the lives of you all. It was a privilege to hear such from one or the other of you through the Emails as well as at the reunion.

As I mentioned to one or the other on Sat. p.m., would it not be great to hear all of those stories. That would take days of being together! We heard about the great accomplishments of many of you. Your lives and mine have changed much because of those stories.

What changes our world as well as our Church have undergone during those 40 years! If your story is comparable to mine, we have had our downs as well as our ups. Yet, in my attempt to live my Christian spirituality, I have found such to be what helped me to grow as a person.

Enough about such! In God's providence, I connected briefly with some of you last Sat. p.m. My involvement for four years in your lives was quite minimal. I was only a small "mustard seed" on a great teaching staff that worked with you back in those days. I believe that your class benefited from Alemany High School when it was at a great time in its history. I left there a week or so after you did. Being a slow learner, it took me eight years to get through a four year institution!

Now, I live in Arleta with four others members of my community in the condition that some refer to as retirement, as of six months ago. We Oblates call such RAM status. That stands for Reduced Active Ministry. I call it Reduced Administrative Malarky from being a Pastor in today's Catholic Church.

If I can share with any of you in any way as far as my spirituality is concerned, I can be reached at (818) 891-0579, and my email is FEWOMIMPB@aol.com.

(Fr.) Frank Wagner, O.M.I.
Arleta, CA

No comments: