October 05, 2006

THE ROMERO FAMILY

October 5, 2006









Here is my contribution to the Alemany Blog!

This is my Family. My husband Victor and my sons, (left) Nick, 25, on the right, Mario, 23. Nick is single and works in the world of mortgages, as well as sales with Victor's company. He's a basketball and sports fanatic who will travel anywhere to see a game. Mario, also single, is an Associate Broker at Swett-Crawford, downtown Los Angeles, he lives in West L.A. and is also a die-hard drummer. Emily is our beautiful cancer survivor who is now a healthy 7th grader.

My life since high school has been a journey of joy and surprise. We married in 1975 while I worked at U.C.L.A. clinic in the admissions department. Shortly after Victor who was working for Pac Bell at that time was transferred to No. California and we settled in the town of Walnut Creek, only to move back to the valley one year later. By then my first son was on his way and so we stayed near family for the time being until 1987 when we moved back to the No. California town of Danville. This was a great time for us as we explored the Bay area with our young boys. By mid-90's we were blessed one more time with our daughter Emily. She came into our lives healthy and beautiful with two doting brothers at her side. At the age of 10 months she was diagnosed with a form of childhood Leukemia and our lives were forever changed.

Today she is a healthy young lady who loves everything any 12 year old girl would like, she plays piano and enjoys theatre arts. By the end of her treatment we moved to Orange County and have been here since 1997.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Oct. 28th. Thanks to your help I've been in touch with some long lost classmates. It's so great to find friends again. You have all done a great job with all this reunion stuff, so I'd thought I'd join the online party with my own.

Teri (Arteaga) Romero

Yorba Linda CA


No comments: