November 07, 2006


REFLECTIONS: "A MAGICAL REUNION"


I feel compelled to add my two cents and say how moved I was by the Magical Reunion last Saturday night. I know a large part of it was the unbelievable build up we all had with the months of planning and chatty e-mails and photos, but WOW! I guess I just didn't think it would turn out that everyone's energy would create such a powerful positive force there, that night, on that sparkling hilltop in that sparkling lovely room.

I thank everyone for coming and making it happen: for me, I think it's one of those things that you're not always sure right then what the repercussions of it will be, but you know you're glad you did it and were part of it, cuz somewhere down the line it's going to metamorphose or add to the whole roll of your better life. Anyway, as you can see, I'm still carried away by the night!!

All the arrangements were perfect! The beautiful location, the huge room, the formal tables, the pace of the evening, the slide show, anecdotes, roll-call, impulsive photographs of our grammar schools, the sold-out-ed-ness, but not turning anyone away, the lingering, pre-festivities, post-festivities, and now the thoughts and photos of the whole thing shared on-line. It's great knowing that others felt so touched also.

(Ann and Margie (Espinosa) Nelson at Charmaine's pre-festivities)



Don't know how the show could have been any better! What a great memory!


With love,


Ann Buchanan Gaines


Cottonwood, AZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann AKA Aleah,

I just wanted to say that I really appreciated your words, esp. this ... "All the arrangements were perfect! The beautiful location, the huge room, the formal tables, the pace of the evening, the slide show, anecdotes, roll-call, impulsive photographs of our grammar schools, the sold-out-ed-ness, but not turning anyone away, the lingering, pre-festivities, post-festivities, and now the thoughts and photos of the whole thing shared on-line. It's great knowing that others felt so touched also." ... I thought you really captured the essence of the event there. Thanks.

Danny