November 05, 2006

AFTERGLOW AHS '66
(Two friends with a lifelong bond, Peggy Jones and Marsha (Mankiller) Haney on Reunion Night)
Wow ! That's the most fun I've had in a while...Thanks to all who made my evening so sweet and memorable...there were so many great and unforgettable moments but the highlight of my evening has to be the reunion of the "Gertie" gang from St. Ferdie's...I had the best time with you guys as I always did when we were in grade school...so glad you crashed the party ! Does anybody have the St. Ferdinand's group picture they could send from that night ? I didn't get one but would love to see it !My biggest regret was the missed opportunity of not talking to / not talking longer to so many of you...Jude Hawkes, Christi Brecht, Jan Zemba, Kathy Krebs, Pam and Penny, Tina Cross, Jane Lind, Jacci Mahoney, Dan McMahon,and Ann Turner just to name a few. How time flies when you're having a blast ! And to think Danny had to sweet talk me into it ! My Thanks to all who put this together, good job. I also had no idea reunions could be so much fun, Marty. Marsha and I would have loved to have seen Suellen Keller and Patti Sellers... maybe next time.


Here are my "homies" from St. Ferdie's that I especially wanted to thank for my great evening last Sat. Are you wondering if this taking care of us all of us will never end ? You are the BEST reunion organizer I've ever met ! And I didn't even get the chance to tell you I had a crush on you in junior year...so little time...Thanks Danny.

PeggySt. Ferdie's "Gertie's" Gang (Shown L to R) Steve Modugno, Chris Fusano, Peggy "Gertie" Jones, Mike Modugno and Ralph LaPreziosa who were a gang of cousins that used to tease me constantly and nicknamed me Gertie after I was called upon during Health period to explain why it was wrong for "Dirty Gertie" to put her candy bar on the back of the toilet ! No one wanted to volunteer to answer that one ! Of course, I secretly liked the boys attention but don't tell them that. (Ooops, editor's blunder) They all left in 6th or 7th grade when they built St. Didacus school in Sylmar and St. Ferdinand's wasn't the same fun after they left. We really knew how to torment the poor teachers.

Until the next time we meet, All My Best to All,

Peggy Jones

Bellingham, WA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peggy,

AFTERGLOW. What a great word to describe what we have all been experiencing since The Mother of All Reunions, as DiTranpani called it.

I sure am glad I was able to talk you into coming to the reunion. God, you were a hard sell! LOL. You treated me like a salesman on the phone! Oh, well, I'm tough. 8*-( Yeah, right. Well, it was worth all the pain just to read what you wrote here.

You had a crush on ME in Junior Year? Wow. Obviously you didn't remember that when I called you three months ago. LOL. Sorry - I couldn't resist. I'm honored. Me and Mick Jagger. I'm in great company.

Next Reunion we'll talk.

Love,
Danny