November 14, 2006

(Charmaine (Haley) Coimbra displaying her usual sense of humor)


Dear Classmates:

Spouse and I just parked our car back in NM an hour or so ago. It's Nov. 1, 2006 and I remain overwhelmed by this thing called a 40-year Alemany High School reunion. My throat is still sore from so much talking, revealing, catching up and reliving 40 years away from that blue senior sweater.

Like the emails and commentaries before me, there were so many former classmates on my list to spend time with that when it was announced that the Cinderella carriage of connecting was about to turn into a pumpkin at midnight, plus when I realized my wonderful spouse was sitting outside on a bench alone, I dropped my velvet jacket and made a mad dash out. (Really, I dropped the jacket instead of a shoe. If anyone found a burnt-black and copper velvet 3/4-length jacket, let me know.)

So I didn't get to give Kathy Jones a farewell hug, as well as, never having time to sit and chew the desert flowers with Marty Molidor. But I did get one heck of a smacker from Jay P! And I also brought home Big Boy Bob! KOYN!

And to everyone who was so kind with kudos to "A Mother's Perspective," I am humbled. This week the blog gets a new name, thanks to an unedited Dan McMahon notation, "Charmaine's a mother blogger."

"Mother Blogger" perfectly fits my weird sense of humor, and so shall the blog be renamed.

You reunion committee members: WOW! Thank you so much for creating a unique and special weekend for the 100-some 1966 Alemany graduates.

(Ed Note: (L) Charmaine and Daughter Dakota, the Executive Chef at the Hollywood Sunset Towers Hotel where Charmaine hosted the "Women's Luncheon" on October 27th, and (R) with pal Teri (Arteaga) Romero)

"Overwhelmed" best defines last weekend. While the earth spins off its axis, I bravely cruised up the Sunset Strip to West Hollywood, entered a fantasy hotel (The Sunset Tower) and kick-started 48-hours of my own wobbly axis rotation.I walked into a world where I was the 17-year-old waif, Char Haley.

Charmaine (Haley) Coimbra

Santa Fe NM

No comments: