October 27, 2006



AILEEN BRUNO and DAUGHTER TYLER

"Perfect in Every Way"

I was an RN for a few years then got a Masters, which was relatively worthless, and then a Juris Doctor. My work as an attorney has been rather consuming. I have been in-house counsel doing litigation for Wellpoint for many years - Blue Cross of California is one of its subsidiaries.

I have been married for over thirty years and very busy like everyone else. My husband David Moll, MD, is an addictionologist and he still works (it is a rule) if I work he works. My daughter, Tyler is my only child, and of course perfect in every way. Now age 26, she is completing her masters in traditional Chinese medicine. She went to China on a fellowship after she finished her undergrad degree and taught English in a women's college. Ty was impressed with many things in China and came home after a year speaking Mandarin and changed her life course. This Master's (from Emperor's College in Santa Monica) takes 4 years with 4 quarters a yearit is more than another bloody undergraduate degree. Now she is checking out getting her doctorate focusing on infertility.

The one nice thing about her still being in school is that on Ty's breaks David, Ty and I have been able to take some nice vacations. (Most recently Prague and a Caribbean cruise). Ty helped me with the photo downloads, and I was worried that she may have gotten even for the photo I sent of her to her freshman dorm for identification - hair in rollers, greenmask, eating pizza and wearing leopard pajamas.

(Ed note: Ty was a dutiful daughter and sent this undoctored photo from the Caribbean vacation.)

I live in Camarillo, play golf at one of the local country clubs. My golf is nothing to discuss (it is somewhat schizophrenic: one never knows what type of golfer will appear). My handicap was in the low twenties the last time I looked, which was awhile ago.

I have two Chihuahuas which are highly entertaining.

Mary Seifert Dowling and I have kept up our friendship and she is fabulous. Wally Ernsdorf and I chat with each other a few times a year and his sense and style of humor has never abated. He never fails to make me laugh.

I have always been thankful that I went to Alemany. Life is good!

Aileen Bruno

Camarillo, CA

No comments: